Junior reserach group leader on Attosecond XUV Nonlinear Optics
Member of MBI projects 1.2, 2.1 and 2.2
Experiments using intense attosecond pulses
We have developed a new beamline for the generation of intense attosecond pulse, which we use to perform attosecond-pump attosecond-probe experiments.
XUV refractive optics
Using inhomogeneous gas jets, we have developed the first refractive lens and prism in the XUV region of the spectrum. Currently, we study XUV refraction in the time domain.
Time-resolved nanoplasma dynamics
Nanoplasma dynamics in clusters induced by intense NIR and XUV pulses are investigated using novel pump-probe techniques including THz streaking and ionization ignition.
Generation of intense THz pulses
In collaboration with project 3.1, an intense THz source with a electric field strength exceeding 1 MV/cm has been developed.
since 2020: Junior research group leader at Max-Born-Institut
2016-2019: Scientist at the Max-Born-Institut
2014-2016: Independent postdoc project at the Imperial College Londed funded by a research fellowship
2011:2014: Postdoc at the Max-Born-Institut
2008-2011: PhD at the University of Hamburg funded by a PhD scholarship
2005-2006: Erasmus student at University of Lund, Sweden
2002-2008: Undergraduate studies of physics at the University of Technology in Dresden
2016: 7th ISUILS Award for Young Reserachers
FundingFunding from ELI-ALPS for the development of a velocity-map imaging endstation
- Extreme-ultraviolet spectral compression by four-wave mixing Nature Photonics online (2021)
- Thin-disk laser-pumped OPCPA system delivering 4.4 TW few-cycle pulses Optics Express 28 (2020) 34574-34585
- Field-induced tunneling ionization and terahertz-driven electron dynamics in liquid water Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters 11 (2020) 7717–7722
- THz streak camera performance for single-shot characterization of XUV pulses with complex temporal structures Optics Express 28 (2020) 20686-20703
- Propagation-assisted generation of intense few-femtosecond high-harmonic pulses Journal of Physics: Photonics 2 (2020) 034002/1-10
- Highly nonlinear ionization of atoms induced by intense high-harmonic pulses Journal of Physics: Photonics 2 (2020) 034001/1-12
- Mapping ultrafast ionization of atoms and clusters with terahertz-streaking delay Physical Review A 99 (2019) 043423/1-6
- Extreme-ultraviolet refractive optics Nature 564 (2018) 91–94
- Low-energy electron emission in the strong-field ionization of rare gas clusters Physical Review Letters 121 (2018) 63202/1-6
- Spectral shifts and asymmetries in mid-infrared assisted high-order harmonic generation Journal of the Optical Society of America B 35 (2018) A32-A38