Junior reserach group leader on Attosecond XUV Nonlinear Optics
Member of MBI projects 1.2, 2.1 and 2.2
Experiments using intense attosecond pulses
We have developed a new beamline for the generation of intense attosecond pulse, which we use to perform attosecond-pump attosecond-probe experiments.
XUV refractive optics
Using inhomogeneous gas jets, we have developed the first refractive lens and prism in the XUV region of the spectrum. Currently, we study XUV refraction in the time domain.
Time-resolved nanoplasma dynamics
Nanoplasma dynamics in clusters induced by intense NIR and XUV pulses are investigated using novel pump-probe techniques including THz streaking and ionization ignition.
Generation of intense THz pulses
In collaboration with project 3.1, an intense THz source with a electric field strength exceeding 1 MV/cm has been developed.
since 2020: Junior research group leader at Max-Born-Institut
2016-2019: Scientist at the Max-Born-Institut
2014-2016: Independent postdoc project at the Imperial College Londed funded by a research fellowship
2011:2014: Postdoc at the Max-Born-Institut
2008-2011: PhD at the University of Hamburg funded by a PhD scholarship
2005-2006: Erasmus student at University of Lund, Sweden
2002-2008: Undergraduate studies of physics at the University of Technology in Dresden
2016: 7th ISUILS Award for Young Reserachers
FundingFunding from ELI-ALPS for the development of a velocity-map imaging endstation
- High-order harmonic generation in a strongly overdriven regime Physical Review A 107 (2023) 023514/1-6
- Attosecond investigation of extreme-ultraviolet multi-photon multi-electron ionization Optica 9 (2022) 639-644
- Intense XUV pulses from a compact HHG setup using a single harmonic Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics 54 (2021) 20LT01/1-6
- Compact intense extreme-ultraviolet source Optica 8 (2021) 960-965
- Extreme-ultraviolet spectral compression by four-wave mixing Nature Photonics 15 (2021) 263–266
- Thin-disk laser-pumped OPCPA system delivering 4.4 TW few-cycle pulses Optics Express 28 (2020) 34574-34585
- Field-induced tunneling ionization and terahertz-driven electron dynamics in liquid water Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters 11 (2020) 7717–7722
- THz streak camera performance for single-shot characterization of XUV pulses with complex temporal structures Optics Express 28 (2020) 20686-20703
- Propagation-assisted generation of intense few-femtosecond high-harmonic pulses Journal of Physics: Photonics 2 (2020) 034002/1-10
- Highly nonlinear ionization of atoms induced by intense high-harmonic pulses Journal of Physics: Photonics 2 (2020) 034001/1-12