Member of MBI projects 2.1 and 2.2
Experiments using intense attosecond pulses
We have developed a new beamline for the generation of intense attosecond pulses. XUV-driven nonlinear dynamics are currently studied in atoms, molecules and clusters. In the future, we will perform attosecond-pump attosecond-probe experiments.
XUV refractive optics
Using inhomogeneous gas jets, we have developed the first refractive lens and prism in the XUV region of the spectrum. Currently, we study XUV refraction in the time domain.
Time-resolved nanoplasma dynamics
Nanoplasma dynamics in clusters induced by intense NIR and XUV pulses are investigated using novel pump-probe techniques including THz streaking and ionization ignition.
Generation of intense THz pulses
In collaboration with project 3.1, an intense THz source with a electric field strength exceeding 1 MV/cm has been developed.
2016-present: Scientist at the Max-Born-Institut
2014-2016: Independent postdoc project at the Imperial College Londed funded by a research fellowship
2011:2014: Postdoc at the Max-Born-Institut
2008-2011: PhD at the University of Hamburg funded by a PhD scholarship
2005-2006: Erasmus student at University of Lund, Sweden
2002-2008: Undergraduate studies of physics at the University of Technology in Dresden
2016: 7th ISUILS Award for Young Reserachers
FundingFunding from ELI-ALPS for the development of a velocity-map imaging endstation
- Mapping ultrafast ionization of atoms and clusters with terahertz-streaking delay Physical Review A 99 (2019) 043423/1-6
- Extreme-ultraviolet refractive optics Nature 564 (2018) 91–94
- Low-energy electron emission in the strong-field ionization of rare gas clusters Physical Review Letters 121 (2018) 63202/1-6
- Spectral shifts and asymmetries in mid-infrared assisted high-order harmonic generation Journal of the Optical Society of America B 35 (2018) A32-A38
- Rabi oscillations in extreme ultraviolet ionization of atomic argon Physical Review A 95 (2017) 021401R/1-5
- Tracing Nonlinear Cluster Dynamics Induced by Intense XUV, NIR and MIR Laser Pulses Progress in Ultrafast Intense Laser Science XIII Springer, Cham (2017) 85-110
- Tracing transient charges in expanding clusters Physical Review A 95 (2017) 063417/1-5
- Application of matched-filter concepts to unbiased selection of data in pump-probe experiments with free electron lasers Applied Sciences 7 (2017) 621/1-9
- Time-resolved measurement of interatomic Coulombic decay induced by two-photon double excitation of Ne2 Physical Review Letters 118 (2017) 033202
- Correlated electronic decay in expanding clusters triggered by intense XUV pulses from a free-electron laser Scientific Reports 7 (2017) 40736