Member of Project 2.2 "Strong-field Few-body Systems"
Our group's research focus is set on the investigation of atomic ionization dynamics in strong laser fields, where the laser intensities cover a range from 1014 W/cm2 to 1019 W/cm2. Earlier research highlights embrace results on simultaneous double tunneling, suppression of non-sequential ionization in relativistic laser fields, and core relaxation effects in relativistic laser fields. More recently, the focus of our investigations has shifted towards strong-field processes that lead to a) excited neutral atoms, b) neutral excited fragments after strong-field dissociation of molecules, and c) high survival rates of Rydberg atoms. Moreover, the survival of atoms in neutral excited states is accompanied by kinematic effects on neutral atoms in the focused laser beam, which we investigate using a direct imaging technique of excited atoms.
The figure shows the color-coded distribution of deflected (accelerated) neutral He atoms in a focused short-pulse laser beam with an intensity of 8x1015W/cm2.
- Dissecting strong-field excitation dynamics with atomic-momentum spectroscopy Physical Review Letters 124 (2020) 233202/1-6
- Photon-Recoil Imaging: expanding the view of nonlinear x-ray physics Science 369 (2020) 1630-1633
- Limit on excitation and stabilization of atoms in intense optical laser fields Physical Review Letters 120 (2018) 123202/1-6
- Unified time and frequency picture of ultrafast atomic excitation in strong laser fields Physical Review Letters 118 (2017) 013003/1-5
- Strong-Field Induced Atomic Excitation and Kinematics Ultrafast Dynamics Driven by Intense Light Pulses 86 Springer Series on Atomic, Optical, and Plasma Physics (2016) 3-25
- Atomic excitation and acceleration in strong laser fields Physica Scripta 91 (2016) 104002/1-11
- Strong-Field Excitation of Helium: Bound State Distribution and Spin Effects Physical Review Letters 114 (2015) 123003/1-5
- Excited state distribution and spin-effects in strong-field excitation of neutral Helium Journal of Physics Conference Series 635 (2015) 092134/1-2
- Strong-field Kapitza-Dirac scattering of neutral atoms Physical Review Letters 112 (2014) 113001/1-5
- Steering neutral atoms in strong laser fields Journal of Physics B-Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics 47 (2014) 204014/1-8