Member of Project 2.2 "Strong-field Few-body Systems"
Our group's research focus is set on the investigation of atomic ionization dynamics in strong laser fields, where the laser intensities cover a range from 1014 W/cm2 to 1019 W/cm2. Earlier research highlights embrace results on simultaneous double tunneling, suppression of non-sequential ionization in relativistic laser fields, and core relaxation effects in relativistic laser fields. More recently, the focus of our investigations has shifted towards strong-field processes that lead to a) excited neutral atoms, b) neutral excited fragments after strong-field dissociation of molecules, and c) high survival rates of Rydberg atoms. Moreover, the survival of atoms in neutral excited states is accompanied by kinematic effects on neutral atoms in the focused laser beam, which we investigate using a direct imaging technique of excited atoms.
The figure shows the color-coded distribution of deflected (accelerated) neutral He atoms in a focused short-pulse laser beam with an intensity of 8x1015W/cm2.
- Complementarity and Young's interference fringes from two atoms Physical Review A 57 (1998) 4176-4187
- Doubly excited 5s5p (3P1) np autoionizing Rydberg states of indium Physical Review A 57 (1998) 3376-3380
- Collective multi-electron tunneling in state- and charge-selected atoms in strong fields Ultrafast Phenomena XI Springer Verlag (1998) 432-434
- Two electron dynamics in the photoionization of highly excited three body Coulomb systems Laser Spectroscopy, XIII International Conference, World Scientific, Singapore (1998) 393-395
- All-diode laser cooling of single Ca+- ions Laser Spectroscopy, XIII International Conference, World Scientific Singapore (1998) 151-153
- All-diode laser cooling of single Ca+ ions Applied Physics B 66 (1998) 609-612
- Microwave ionization of Rydberg states of the barium ion European Physical Journal D 3 (1998) 21-27
- Lifetime of the Ca+3d5/2 level from quantum jump statistics of a single laser-cooled ion Journal of Physics B-Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics 30 (1997) L141-146
- Long range interactions in planetary three-body Coulomb systems Physical Review A 56 (1997) 1255-1267
- Atomic and molecular two-electron systems in external laser fields Laser Physics 7 (1997) 223-229