Member of Project 2.2 "Strong-field Few-body Systems"
Our group's research focus is set on the investigation of atomic ionization dynamics in strong laser fields, where the laser intensities cover a range from 1014 W/cm2 to 1019 W/cm2. Earlier research highlights embrace results on simultaneous double tunneling, suppression of non-sequential ionization in relativistic laser fields, and core relaxation effects in relativistic laser fields. More recently, the focus of our investigations has shifted towards strong-field processes that lead to a) excited neutral atoms, b) neutral excited fragments after strong-field dissociation of molecules, and c) high survival rates of Rydberg atoms. Moreover, the survival of atoms in neutral excited states is accompanied by kinematic effects on neutral atoms in the focused laser beam, which we investigate using a direct imaging technique of excited atoms.
The figure shows the color-coded distribution of deflected (accelerated) neutral He atoms in a focused short-pulse laser beam with an intensity of 8x1015W/cm2.
- Relativistic laser-field-drift suppression of nonsequential multiple ionization Physical Review A 64 (2001) 061402/1-4
- Strong field double ionization of He-like systems: the case of In+ ions Physical Review A 63 (2001) 025401/1-4
- Licht-Materie-Wechselwirkungen in fundamentalen quantenmechanischen Systemen FB Physik Habilitation Technische Universität (2001)
- Multipole structures in the excitation process of high/doubly excited states Physical Review A 61 (2000) 040502(R) 4 pages
- Strong-field multiple ionization of krypton Physical Review A 62 (2000) 035402 (4 pages)
- Collective multi-electron tunneling ionization in strong fields Physical Review Letters 84 (2000) 3550-3553
- Collective Multi-Electron Tunneling Ionization in Strong Fields AIP Conf. Proc. - Multiphoton Processes 525 American Institute of Physics (2000) 199-210
- Autoionization distribution of atomic high doubly excited states: A "breathing spheres" approach Physical Review A 59 (1999) 2744-2748
- Time-dependent screening in the photoionization of doubly excited two-electron systems Physical Review Letters 83 (1999) 4514-4517
- Laser cooling of metastable He atoms in an inhomogeneous electric field Physical Review A 59 (1999) 2120-2125