Member of Project 2.2 "Strong-field Few-body Systems"
Our group's research focus is set on the investigation of atomic ionization dynamics in strong laser fields, where the laser intensities cover a range from 1014 W/cm2 to 1019 W/cm2. Earlier research highlights embrace results on simultaneous double tunneling, suppression of non-sequential ionization in relativistic laser fields, and core relaxation effects in relativistic laser fields. More recently, the focus of our investigations has shifted towards strong-field processes that lead to a) excited neutral atoms, b) neutral excited fragments after strong-field dissociation of molecules, and c) high survival rates of Rydberg atoms. Moreover, the survival of atoms in neutral excited states is accompanied by kinematic effects on neutral atoms in the focused laser beam, which we investigate using a direct imaging technique of excited atoms.
The figure shows the color-coded distribution of deflected (accelerated) neutral He atoms in a focused short-pulse laser beam with an intensity of 8x1015W/cm2.
- Steering neutral atoms in strong laser fields Journal of Physics B-Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics 47 (2014) 204014/1-8
- Excitation of He atoms in the strong-field tunneling regime European Journal of Physics 22 (2013) 2267-2272
- Observing Rydberg atoms to survive intense laser fields Physical Review Letters 110 (2013) 203002/1-5
- Routes to formation of highly excited neutral atoms in the breakup of strongly driven H2 Physical Review A 85 (2012) 011402 /1-4
- New method for laser driven ion acceleration with isolated, mass-limited targets Nuclear Instruments & Methods In Physics Research Section A-Accelerators Spectrometers Detectors and associated Equipment 653 (2011) 30-34
- Von Null auf 200 km/h in 40 Femtosekunden Physik in unserer Zeit 41 (2010) 13-13
- Laser-driven ion acceleration using isolated mass-limited spheres New Journal of Physics 12 (2010) 113013/1-12
- Strong laser field fragmentation of H2: Coulomb explosion without double ionization Physical Review Letters 102 (2009) 113002/1-4
- Excited neutral atomic fragments in the strong-field dissociation of N2 molecules Journal of Physics B-Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics 42 (2009) 134010/1-5
- Acceleration of neutral atoms in strong short-pulse laser fields Nature 461 (2009) 1261-1264