Member of MBI projects 2.1 and 2.2
Experiments using intense attosecond pulses
We have developed a new beamline for the generation of intense attosecond pulses. XUV-driven nonlinear dynamics are currently studied in atoms, molecules and clusters. In the future, we will perform attosecond-pump attosecond-probe experiments.
XUV refractive optics
Using inhomogeneous gas jets, we have developed the first refractive lens and prism in the XUV region of the spectrum. Currently, we study XUV refraction in the time domain.
Time-resolved nanoplasma dynamics
Nanoplasma dynamics in clusters induced by intense NIR and XUV pulses are investigated using novel pump-probe techniques including THz streaking and ionization ignition.
Generation of intense THz pulses
In collaboration with project 3.1, an intense THz source with a electric field strength exceeding 1 MV/cm has been developed.
2016-present: Scientist at the Max-Born-Institut
2014-2016: Independent postdoc project at the Imperial College Londed funded by a research fellowship
2011:2014: Postdoc at the Max-Born-Institut
2008-2011: PhD at the University of Hamburg funded by a PhD scholarship
2005-2006: Erasmus student at University of Lund, Sweden
2002-2008: Undergraduate studies of physics at the University of Technology in Dresden
2016: 7th ISUILS Award for Young Reserachers
FundingFunding from ELI-ALPS for the development of a velocity-map imaging endstation
- Ionization avalanching in clusters ignited by extreme-ultraviolet driven seed electrons Physical Review Letters 116 (2016) 033001/1-5
- Autoionization following nanoplasma formation in atomic and molecular clusters European Physical Journal D 70 (2016) 115/1-6
- Slow Interatomic Coulombic Decay of Multiply Excited Neon Clusters Physical Review Letters 117 (2016) 276806
- Strong-field ionization of clusters using two-cycle pulses at 1.8 μm Scientific Reports 6 (2016) 39664
- Bright attosecond soft X-ray pulse trains by transient phase-matching in two-color high-order harmonic generation Optics Express 23 (2015) 33947-33955
- Observation of correlated electronic decay in expanding clusters triggered by near-infrared fields Nature Communications 6 (2015) 8596/1-7
- Recombination dynamics of clusters in intense extreme-ultraviolet and near-infrared fields New Journal of Physics 17 (2015) 033043/1-8
- Efficient autoionization following intense laser-cluster interactions Physical Review Letters 114 (2015) 123002/1-5
- Recombination-induced autoionization process in rare-gas clusters Ultrafast Phenomena XIX, Proceedings of the 19th International Conference, Okinawa Convention Center, Okinawa, Japan, July 7-11, 2014 162 (2015) 56-59
- Real-time fragmentation dynamics of clusters ionized by intense extreme-ultraviolet pulses Journal of Physics B-Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics 48 (2015) 18101/1-7