- Department Head B3 (acting) "Laser Development"
- Project Coordinator 4.2 "Application Laboratories and Technology Transfer"
During the last 15 years my research was concentrated on high field physics and laser driven matter acceleration. Focus was put on laser driven ion beam generation, source characterization, energy transformation processes in context with acceleration mechanisms. As a specific method proton imaging was developed further to study relativistic plasma dynamics. Furthermore project work was realized in laser driven electron acceleration, in operation and parameter improvement of high intensity laser systems.
In my physics diploma and PhD-work I studied deep temperature effects of electronic carrier mobility in metal oxide-oxide semiconductor structures. I got the chance to change to laser-plasma physics and started with ns-laser driven plasmas and its dynamics. These research activities comprised especially incoherent soft X-ray emission characteristics, related plasma diagnostic and colliding plasma interaction. With the advent of chirped-pulse amplification lasers my activities moved to interaction experiments with ps-, fs- and few cycle laser pulses. Special attention was paid to incoherent hard X-ray emission from laser plasmas in connection with energy transport, coherent XUV-emission from high density (X-ray laser) and gaseous density (high harmonic emission) plasmas, as well as to incoherent EUV-emission in connection with the dynamics of fs- laser exploded clusters and fusion neutron diagnostics in spray and spherical micro-droplet experiments. During the last years effects of collective electron dynamics in relativistic laser fields allowed to study several new findings in ion, electron and high harmonic emission.
In the face of completing relativistic plasma and ultra-high intensity laser physics projects at MBI I am looking forward to new tasks.
since 2007: Department head (acting), MBI, Berlin
2001: Habilitation, Technical University (TU) Wien
since 2000: Scientific researcher, MBI, Berlin
1997-2000: Scientific employee associate at the Photonics Institute, TU Wien
1991-1997: Scientific employee associate, Max-Born-Institute (MBI), Berlin
1984-1991:} Scientific employee associate,Central Institute of Optics and Spectroscopy (ZOS), Berlin
1984: PhD in Physics, HU Berlin
1982: Diploma in Physics, Humboldt-University (HU) Berlin
- The beat in laser-accelerated ion beams Physics of Plasmas 20 (2013) 103102 /1-5
- Sub-structure of laser generated harmonics reveals plasma dynamics of a relativistically oscillating mirror Physics of Plasmas 20 (2013) 083109/1-7
- Coation of strong electrical fields in laser irradiated thin foils and its relation to field dynamics at the plasma-vacuum interface SPIE Proceedings Series 8779 (2013) 87790V/1-6
- Energetic negative ion and atom beam generation at passage of laser accelerated high energy positive ions through a liquid spray SPIE Proceedings Series 8779 (2013) 87790M/1-6
- Microstructured snow targets for quasi-monoenergetic proton acceleration SPIE Proceedings Series 8779 (2013) 87791M-1
- Enhanced proton acceleration by an ultrashort laser interaction with structured dynamic plasma targets Physical Review Letters 110 (2013) 215004/1-5
- Note: Thickness determination of freestanding ultra-thin foils using a table top laboratory extreme ultraviolet source Review of Scientific Instruments 84 (2013) 4807153/1-7
- Thomson spectrometer–microchannel plate assembly calibration for MeV-range positive and negative ions, and neutral atoms Review of Scientific Instruments 84 (2013) 053302/1-6
- Hybrid proton acceleration scheme using relativistic intense laser light Physics of Plasmas 20 (2013) 033110/1-8
- Stable laser-ion acceleration in the light sail regime Phys. Rev. Special Topics in AB 16 (2013) 011303/1-5