- Department Head B3 (acting) "Laser Development"
- Project Coordinator 4.2 "Application Laboratories and Technology Transfer"
During the last 15 years my research was concentrated on high field physics and laser driven matter acceleration. Focus was put on laser driven ion beam generation, source characterization, energy transformation processes in context with acceleration mechanisms. As a specific method proton imaging was developed further to study relativistic plasma dynamics. Furthermore project work was realized in laser driven electron acceleration, in operation and parameter improvement of high intensity laser systems.
In my physics diploma and PhD-work I studied deep temperature effects of electronic carrier mobility in metal oxide-oxide semiconductor structures. I got the chance to change to laser-plasma physics and started with ns-laser driven plasmas and its dynamics. These research activities comprised especially incoherent soft X-ray emission characteristics, related plasma diagnostic and colliding plasma interaction. With the advent of chirped-pulse amplification lasers my activities moved to interaction experiments with ps-, fs- and few cycle laser pulses. Special attention was paid to incoherent hard X-ray emission from laser plasmas in connection with energy transport, coherent XUV-emission from high density (X-ray laser) and gaseous density (high harmonic emission) plasmas, as well as to incoherent EUV-emission in connection with the dynamics of fs- laser exploded clusters and fusion neutron diagnostics in spray and spherical micro-droplet experiments. During the last years effects of collective electron dynamics in relativistic laser fields allowed to study several new findings in ion, electron and high harmonic emission.
In the face of completing relativistic plasma and ultra-high intensity laser physics projects at MBI I am looking forward to new tasks.
since 2007: Department head (acting), MBI, Berlin
2001: Habilitation, Technical University (TU) Wien
since 2000: Scientific researcher, MBI, Berlin
1997-2000: Scientific employee associate at the Photonics Institute, TU Wien
1991-1997: Scientific employee associate, Max-Born-Institute (MBI), Berlin
1984-1991:} Scientific employee associate,Central Institute of Optics and Spectroscopy (ZOS), Berlin
1984: PhD in Physics, HU Berlin
1982: Diploma in Physics, Humboldt-University (HU) Berlin
- Prospects of target nanostructuring for laser proton acceleration Scientific Reports 7 (2017) 44030/1-8
- Amplification of relativistic electron bunches by acceleration in laser fields Physical Review Letters 118 (2017) 014801/1-5
- Direct acceleration in intense laser fields used for bunch amplification of relativistic electrons SPIE Proceedings Series 10240 (2017) 102400G
- Soft X-ray nanoscale imaging using highly brilliant laboratory sources and new detector concepts SPIE Proceedings Series 10243 (2017) 1024309/1-10
- Concerted manipulation of laser plasma dynamics with two laser pulses SPIE Proceedings Series 10240 (2017) 1024017
- Gated ion spectrometer for spectroscopy of neutral particles Review of Scientific Instruments 88 (2017) 083303/1-8
- Amplification of coherent synchrotron-like high harmonic emission from ultra-thin foils in relativistic light fields Physics of Plasmas 24 (2017) 080704/1-6
- Tracing dynamics of laser-induced fields on ultra thin foils using complementary imaging with streak deflectometry Phys. Rev. Accel. Beams 19 (2016) 091302/1-17
- High peak and average power Ti:sapphire thin disk amplifier with extraction during pumping Optics Letters 41 (2016) 3017-3020
- Stopping power of a heterogeneous warm dense matter Laser and Particle Beams 0263-0346/16 (2016) 1-9