- Department Head B3 (acting) "Laser Development"
- Project Coordinator 4.2 "Application Laboratories and Technology Transfer"
During the last 15 years my research was concentrated on high field physics and laser driven matter acceleration. Focus was put on laser driven ion beam generation, source characterization, energy transformation processes in context with acceleration mechanisms. As a specific method proton imaging was developed further to study relativistic plasma dynamics. Furthermore project work was realized in laser driven electron acceleration, in operation and parameter improvement of high intensity laser systems.
In my physics diploma and PhD-work I studied deep temperature effects of electronic carrier mobility in metal oxide-oxide semiconductor structures. I got the chance to change to laser-plasma physics and started with ns-laser driven plasmas and its dynamics. These research activities comprised especially incoherent soft X-ray emission characteristics, related plasma diagnostic and colliding plasma interaction. With the advent of chirped-pulse amplification lasers my activities moved to interaction experiments with ps-, fs- and few cycle laser pulses. Special attention was paid to incoherent hard X-ray emission from laser plasmas in connection with energy transport, coherent XUV-emission from high density (X-ray laser) and gaseous density (high harmonic emission) plasmas, as well as to incoherent EUV-emission in connection with the dynamics of fs- laser exploded clusters and fusion neutron diagnostics in spray and spherical micro-droplet experiments. During the last years effects of collective electron dynamics in relativistic laser fields allowed to study several new findings in ion, electron and high harmonic emission.
In the face of completing relativistic plasma and ultra-high intensity laser physics projects at MBI I am looking forward to new tasks.
since 2007: Department head (acting), MBI, Berlin
2001: Habilitation, Technical University (TU) Wien
since 2000: Scientific researcher, MBI, Berlin
1997-2000: Scientific employee associate at the Photonics Institute, TU Wien
1991-1997: Scientific employee associate, Max-Born-Institute (MBI), Berlin
1984-1991:} Scientific employee associate,Central Institute of Optics and Spectroscopy (ZOS), Berlin
1984: PhD in Physics, HU Berlin
1982: Diploma in Physics, Humboldt-University (HU) Berlin
- Multiterawatt hybrid Ti:Sa-Nd:glass two beam laser as a driver of a transient inversion x-ray laser Optics Communications 133 (1997) 216-220
- On the distribution of hot electrons produced in short-pulse laser plasma interaction Journal of Physics B-Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics 30 (1997) 4653-4661
- Transient inversion x-ray lasers in Ti and Ge SPIE Proceedings Series 3156 (1997) 80-85
- Short pulse x-ray laser at 32.6 nm based on transient gain in Neon-like Titanium Physical Review Letters 78 (1997) 2748-2751
- Strong pump energy reduction in collisional x-ray lasers Optics Communications 142 (1997) 257-261
- Compact FROG system useful for measurement of multiterawatt laser pulses Optics Communications 132 (1996) 101-106
- Efficient x-ray lasers in neon-like ions utilizing transient gain X-ray Lasers,Inst. Phys. Conf. Ser. 151 (1996) 84-90
- X-ray emission from short pulse laser plasmas OQE 28 (1996) 229-239
- Characteristics of hard x-ray emissions from sub-ps low produced plasma Journal of Applied Physics 80 (1996) 5604/1-6
- Single atom and plasma processes at intensities up to 1018 W/cm2 Super-Intense Laser-Atom Physics IV Kluwer Academic Publishers (1996) 193-200