- Department Head B3 (acting) "Laser Development"
- Project Coordinator 4.2 "Application Laboratories and Technology Transfer"
During the last 15 years my research was concentrated on high field physics and laser driven matter acceleration. Focus was put on laser driven ion beam generation, source characterization, energy transformation processes in context with acceleration mechanisms. As a specific method proton imaging was developed further to study relativistic plasma dynamics. Furthermore project work was realized in laser driven electron acceleration, in operation and parameter improvement of high intensity laser systems.
In my physics diploma and PhD-work I studied deep temperature effects of electronic carrier mobility in metal oxide-oxide semiconductor structures. I got the chance to change to laser-plasma physics and started with ns-laser driven plasmas and its dynamics. These research activities comprised especially incoherent soft X-ray emission characteristics, related plasma diagnostic and colliding plasma interaction. With the advent of chirped-pulse amplification lasers my activities moved to interaction experiments with ps-, fs- and few cycle laser pulses. Special attention was paid to incoherent hard X-ray emission from laser plasmas in connection with energy transport, coherent XUV-emission from high density (X-ray laser) and gaseous density (high harmonic emission) plasmas, as well as to incoherent EUV-emission in connection with the dynamics of fs- laser exploded clusters and fusion neutron diagnostics in spray and spherical micro-droplet experiments. During the last years effects of collective electron dynamics in relativistic laser fields allowed to study several new findings in ion, electron and high harmonic emission.
In the face of completing relativistic plasma and ultra-high intensity laser physics projects at MBI I am looking forward to new tasks.
since 2007: Department head (acting), MBI, Berlin
2001: Habilitation, Technical University (TU) Wien
since 2000: Scientific researcher, MBI, Berlin
1997-2000: Scientific employee associate at the Photonics Institute, TU Wien
1991-1997: Scientific employee associate, Max-Born-Institute (MBI), Berlin
1984-1991:} Scientific employee associate,Central Institute of Optics and Spectroscopy (ZOS), Berlin
1984: PhD in Physics, HU Berlin
1982: Diploma in Physics, Humboldt-University (HU) Berlin
- Absolute EUV-yield from fs laser excited Xe-clusters Physical Review E 64 (2001) 036404/1-8
- Influence of laser pulse width on absolute EUV-yield from Xe-clusters European Physical Journal D 14 (2001) 331-335
- Laser-plasma sources for extreme ultraviolet (EUV) lithography LaserOpto 33 (2001) 50-56
- Approaching the limits of high order harmonic generation in rare gases using few-cycle laser pulsesHabilitation Technische Universität (2001)
- Absolute EUV yield of laser-irradiated Xe-clusters in dependent on pulse width SPIE Proceedings Series 4504 The International Society for Optical Engineering (2001) 106-113
- Dosimetric investigation of mixed electron-photon radiation fields produced with 30 fs pulses from 14 TW laser Physical Review E 61 (2000) 4394-4401
- Energetic electrons and x-ray photons from multi terawatt Ti:Sapphire lasers Quantum Electronics 29 (1999) 444
- Observation of high transient gain in the germanium x-ray laser at 19.6 nm Journal of the Optical Society of America B-Optical Physics 15 (1998) 1808-1814
- Saturated operation of a transient collisional x-ray laser Physical Review A 57 (1998) 4778 - 4783
- X-ray laser enhancement with multipulsing SPIE Proceedings Series 3156 (1997)