- Department Head B3 (acting) "Laser Development"
- Project Coordinator 4.2 "Application Laboratories and Technology Transfer"
During the last 15 years my research was concentrated on high field physics and laser driven matter acceleration. Focus was put on laser driven ion beam generation, source characterization, energy transformation processes in context with acceleration mechanisms. As a specific method proton imaging was developed further to study relativistic plasma dynamics. Furthermore project work was realized in laser driven electron acceleration, in operation and parameter improvement of high intensity laser systems.
In my physics diploma and PhD-work I studied deep temperature effects of electronic carrier mobility in metal oxide-oxide semiconductor structures. I got the chance to change to laser-plasma physics and started with ns-laser driven plasmas and its dynamics. These research activities comprised especially incoherent soft X-ray emission characteristics, related plasma diagnostic and colliding plasma interaction. With the advent of chirped-pulse amplification lasers my activities moved to interaction experiments with ps-, fs- and few cycle laser pulses. Special attention was paid to incoherent hard X-ray emission from laser plasmas in connection with energy transport, coherent XUV-emission from high density (X-ray laser) and gaseous density (high harmonic emission) plasmas, as well as to incoherent EUV-emission in connection with the dynamics of fs- laser exploded clusters and fusion neutron diagnostics in spray and spherical micro-droplet experiments. During the last years effects of collective electron dynamics in relativistic laser fields allowed to study several new findings in ion, electron and high harmonic emission.
In the face of completing relativistic plasma and ultra-high intensity laser physics projects at MBI I am looking forward to new tasks.
since 2007: Department head (acting), MBI, Berlin
2001: Habilitation, Technical University (TU) Wien
since 2000: Scientific researcher, MBI, Berlin
1997-2000: Scientific employee associate at the Photonics Institute, TU Wien
1991-1997: Scientific employee associate, Max-Born-Institute (MBI), Berlin
1984-1991:} Scientific employee associate,Central Institute of Optics and Spectroscopy (ZOS), Berlin
1984: PhD in Physics, HU Berlin
1982: Diploma in Physics, Humboldt-University (HU) Berlin
- Negative ions from liquid microdroplets irratiated with ultrashort and intense laser pulses Journal of Physics B-Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics 37 (2004) 3633-3640
- Explosion characteristics of intense femtosecond-laser driven water droplets Physical Review E 70 (2004) 056401/1-10
- MeV-proton emission from ultrafast laser-driven microparticles Appl. Phys. B-Lasers O. 78 (2004) 895-899
- "On-line" cleaning of optical components in a multi TW-Ti:Sa laser system Vacuum 76 (2004) 45-49
- Shape of ion energy spectra in ultra-short and intense laser-matter interaction Applied Physics B 78 (2004) 911-914
- Efficient extreme ultraviolet emission from xenon-cluster jet targets at high repetition rate laser illumination Journal of Applied Physics 94 (2003) 5489-5496
- A high-density sub-micron liquid spray for laser driven radiation sources Journal of Physics D-Applied Physics 36 (2003) 2421-2426
- Ion acceleration with ultrafast lasers Applied Physics Letters 82 (2003) 3354-3356
- EUV-emission of Xenon-clusters excited by a high repetition rate burst mode laser SPIE Proceedings Series 4781 (2002) 26-34
- Absolute X-ray yield studies from Xe-clusters with ultrashort Ti:sapphire laser pulses at 2x1018 W/cm2 AIP Conference Proceedings Melville, New York, 2002 (2002) 288-293