+49 30 6392 1238
A2: Ultrafast XUV-Physics
Haus A, 2.19
Attosecond Dynamics in Molecules
We're interested in studying dynamics of the electronic degrees of freedom in molecules that occur on or close to the attosecond timescale. We use isolated attosecond pulses from high harmonic generation (HHG) to study these dynamics in gas phase in pump-probe experimental setups and different observables, ranging from photoion- and photoelectron spectroscopy to transient absorption spectroscopy.
XUV Core-Level Spectroscopy
The high photon energy of attosecond pulses from HHG allows to investigate dynamics from a core-level perspective. The element specificy and localization of core-to-valence transitions gives a local point-of-view into valence dynamics.
XUV Refractive Optics
Interaction of XUV light with macroscopic inhomogeneous gas jets allows to study the refractive index of gasous media. We have developed an XUV gas phase lense and prism, which we use to study the time-dependent manipulation of the refractive index by IR pulses.
Symmetry Dependent Electronic Dynamics
The application of two-color fields in combination with inversion symmetry broken systems allows new insights into dynamics pertaining chiral and polar molecules
- Experimental control of quantum-mechanical entanglement in an attosecond pump-probe experiment Physical Review Letters 128 (2022) 043201/1-6
- Vibrational relaxation of XUV-induced hot ground state cations of Naphthalene Journal of Physical Chemistry A 125 (2021) 8549-8556
- Extreme-ultraviolet spectral compression by four-wave mixing Nature Photonics 15 (2021) 263–266
- Transient dipole-interactions on sub-cycle timescalesDissertation Freie Universität (2020)
- Attosecond transient absorption spectroscopy without inversion symmetry Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics 53 (2020) 164005/1-9
- State-resolved probing of attosecond timescale molecular dipoles The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters 10 (2019) 265–269
- Extreme-ultraviolet refractive optics Nature 564 (2018) 91–94
- Communication: XUV transient absorption spectroscopy of iodomethane and iodobenzene photodissociation Journal of Chemical Physics 145 (2016) 011101/1-5